Ibjoy1953's Reviews > The Corruptible

U 50x66
May 27, 2011

Read in May, 2011

The Corruptible Review

I knew this book would be interesting when it started out with Ray Quinn, ex-homicide detective in trouble in the bathroom, and its not what you would think! He is trying to hide from a former client’s husband that is not happy with how he handled the former case. As he stands on the ‘throne’ to keep his feet from being seen, he sends a text message to partner Crevis that he was in trouble. Crevis makes it in there just in time, and just as always, saves Ray’s back. Oh! and they were in a restaurant while all of this was going on. As the story unfolds, Ray is hired by Armon Mayer, a successful businessman to find some missing information stolen by an employee. Ray takes the case, and what seems like would be an easy case, turns out to be anything but that. His journey to finding this information includes an unbelievable manhunt. Being an ex-cop, Ray is able to pull all strings possible to try and pull this case together, but it’s not an easy one. Join Private Detectives Ray Quinn and Crevis, along with the police department as they try to uncover the secrets involved in this unusual case.

I borrowed this book from a friend to read because I like suspense books, and this one was not a disappointment as far as the story line, but I did think it was a bit too much graphic detail for a book labeled Christian fiction. I had to skim through a lot of the first part of the book because it was just too rough for me. Just not my style. I did like the characters, the author did an excellent job in creating them. They just all fit together well. Ray and Crevis were a hoot a lot of the times, they had me laughing a lot throughout the book. And even though Crevis was just starting out, he seemed to work well with Ray.

I would recommend this book to all suspense readers, but if all of the gorey stuff makes your stomach grind, then beware of the first part. It goes into deep detail! I hope to read the next book in this series to keep up with Ray Quinn and the troubles that seem to follow him.

Buy this great suspense at Amazon

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Corruptible.