Andi's Reviews > Lord of the Silver Bow

Lord of the Silver Bow by David Gemmell

Jun 12, 11

bookshelves: favorite
Read from June 08 to 12, 2011

I don't know how I could have missed David Gemmell's books before now. This was an amazing epic fantasy with wonderful characters, beautifully interwoven stories, and heart-wrenching battles.

Usually, I get annoyed when stories shift from one character to the next. Not so with this one. Each character's tale was so well drawn that I found myself happily immersed in all of them - even the minor characters. But, above them all, the stories of Heliakon, Argurios, and Andromache were the best.

I LOVED this book. I'm not much of a fan of battles, but the one at the end of this book had me on the edge of my seat and in tears when it was over. I will most definitely continue with this series, and plan to read Gemmell's other works as well. I am only sad that his time came so early, and we won't be seeing anything new from him.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of the Silver Bow.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead The last battle scene killed me emotionally. I think I read it with my mouth open in shock and tears just running down my face!