Jen's Reviews > Before Versailles: A Novel of Louis XIV

Before Versailles by Karleen Koen

Jun 14, 11

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from June 10 to 14, 2011

I am so excited that I won this book from goodreads and can't wait to receive it and write the review. Update will follow as soon as I receive it!
Well, here is my update! Another great book that I had the opportunity to review.

Before Versailles: A novel of Louis XIV is a well written historical fiction that takes you back to the 1600's with King Louis XIV being a young and new King to the throne. It is here that he must define who he is and how he is seen to his kingdom. There is a transformation from innocence of youth to knowledge of everything from whom is his court is to be trusted, to what past events must determine where he leads his people. Those trusted by his mother Queen Anne, may not, necessarily earn the trust of their new king. There is also the drama in the court itself with love, relationships and how those can effect the political decisions made by those in power.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before Versailles.

message 1: by Thakith (new)

Thakith I would like to up date you that i have a new way and I receive it in my heart. So, I have to learn more about it.

message 2: by Richard (new)

Richard Berthiaume I think I will add this to my "to read" list.