Naomi's Reviews > The Declaration of Independents: How Libertarian Politics Can Fix What's Wrong with America

The Declaration of Independents by Nick Gillespie

Jul 15, 11

Read from July 08 to 15, 2011

Some who read this book may be confused at how the authors have written this book. In the beginning, until I got into the jist of how they were getting to the point in the chapters, I didn't think much of the book and almost rated it poorly. As I slowed down in my reading, I was able to figure out how they were taking the incredibly long way around to get to Libertarian tenets. Thus, the 4 stars..if it was a bit clearer and I didn't need to put so much thought into it, it easily would have been a 5 star read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Declaration of Independents.

message 1: by Joe (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joe couldn't agree more. the beginning was a bit of a challenge for me but it got much easier by about halfway through.

Naomi Yeah, that shocked me with Nick Gillespie..normally, he writes even with some stuff I have seen in "Reason" magazine really grabbing. I saw Matt Welch on Red Eye and Stossell and he seemed really dry so I wonder if he wrote the first part and NG wrote the second half. I loved the analogy with the homebrewers..i thought they nailed it.