Nicole's Reviews > The Bone Collector

The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver

5200674
May 27, 2011

Read in August, 2010

This book was truly fantastic! Lincoln Rhyme is an exceptional man who delivers every punch and bang that a normal detective would- the only exception; he is a quadriplegic (he is pretty much paralyzed completely). I did not know very much about that condition until I researched further (after reading this book) And sometimes the book seems a little far fetched (he miraculously still has movement in one finger) but it doesn't disappoint. It is funny, (Rhyme is a bit of a character, and when i say A BIT I mean A LOT) dramatic, gruesome, sad and somewhat heart warming. Terrifically written!! :]

It keeps you guessing and sitting on the edge of your seat through the entire book right up until the final scene
(I wont spoil the ending)but it is AMAZING! I was pleasantly surprised when i discovered the movie edition of this book- it is (obviously) not as good, but it is amazing to see the characters come to life. My only wish was that they had kept Thom a boy! No offense to Queen Latifah, I just thought he would be really cute ;)

I recommend this for ANYONE who loves a good crime/ suspense novel

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bone Collector.