Tony's Reviews > Vanished

Vanished by Joseph Finder

May 27, 11

Joseph Finder- Vanished (St. Martin’s Press 2010) 4.25 Stars

Nick Heller’s brother was grabbed outside of a downtown restaurant and Nick’s nephew, Gabe, has asked for his help in finding his dad. Special Forces training and a job as a spy for hire has prepared him for a moment just like this. He intends to locate his brother no matter what secrets he must uncover and what scandals he will unearth. He will find out just how little he really knows about his brother and that he may not be so innocent in all of this.

The introduction was not the most attention grabbing, but it was the perfect place to start the book. Without that intro the rest of the book would make less sense. It did take a bit for me to get into this book, but then it shifted gears and it was a very engrossing novel with a bunch of great twists and turns. The plot was pretty good, and you just never knew what was going to shock you next, including an ending I never saw coming. The characters were also well done. They had some background, but not enough so that you knew everything about them. Just when you though you knew a character, something came up to make you realize you know nothing about anyone in this book. I loved this book and would definitely recommend it.

For more of my reviews check out my website, www.tonypeters.webs.com

Tony Peters
Kids on a Case: The Case of the Ten Grand Kidnapping
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vanished.