Melissa's Reviews > Cruelty To Innocents

Cruelty To Innocents by C.K. Webb

Jun 13, 11

Read from May 27 to June 12, 2011

Imagine finding yourself in a situation where you’re trying to save someone’s life, only to find that while doing so, your young daughter is kidnapped from the scene. In Cruelty to Innocents, the first installment of the 911 Abduction Series, authors CK Webb and DJ Weaver paint a thrilling and scary picture of a monster who preys on Good Samaritans. Citizens of Aberdeen, Maryland, the small community where security is normally taken for granted, are forced to question everything they once held dear as police race against time to stop a serial kidnapper on the loose.

One of the things I loved most about this novel was how well the story seemed to flow. The plot was well developed and propelled itself forward, making the story very easy to follow. The only thing I wish the authors had explained more about was what Sloanne would decide to do with the rest of the money she kept from Mr. Miera’s estate—but I suspect that we’ll learn more about that in books to come.

I was also impressed with how believable the characters were. Each one had his or her own backstory and their relationships were strong and realistic throughout the storyline. The POV changed within a few main characters, but the changes didn’t feel sudden or unnecessary. Each time the POV changed, it helped moved the storyline forward with information that we didn’t have before.

Although I had my suspicions about the culprit from the beginning, Cruelty to Innocents kept me hooked until the very end to see if I was right. Webb and Weaver have a great writing style, and I can’t wait to see more from these authors.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cruelty To Innocents.