Jane Stewart's Reviews > Saddled and Spurred

Saddled and Spurred by Lorelei James

May 27, 11

bookshelves: erotic-contemporary-western-romance
Read in May, 2011

3 ½ stars. Read this for hot sex. There’s lots of it. The story was fine.

STORY BRIEF:
Harper’s mother has a loose reputation in the small town of Muddy Gap. She left town with her latest boyfriend leaving Harper to support and care for her younger sister Bailey, who is now a senior in high school. Due to lack of business, the tanning salon closes and Harper loses her job. There are only a few jobs available, and the employers won’t hire Harper because of things her mother had done. Harper’s friend Celia suggests Harper work for Bran who needs a ranch hand while his guy is recovering from an injury. Bran hires Harper because he can’t get anyone else. She’s never done ranch work before, but she works hard for him. Harper is a curvaceous beauty who entered and won many beauty contests. Her motive was earning money. Bran is a hunky guy who inherited his cattle ranch. It keeps him busy.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
I was surprised that Harper worked for Bran for quite a while before anything intimate happened. But when it did, it was hot. I liked that Harper insisted on no sex while she was on the clock. Sex was strictly an after-hours thing. I liked that he was so hot for her which is a turn-on. She was tempting, playful, and loved it. It was a temporary job. Harper planned to leave the area when her sister graduated high school. There were a couple of arguments that felt contrived. He didn’t express himself well and her feelings were hurt. But those weren’t major enough to bring down the story. The purpose of the story is lots of hot sex. There is some spanking and rear door activity - and of course a happy ending.

DATA:
Story length: 324 pages. Swearing language: strong, including religious swear words. Sexual language: strong/erotic. Number of sex scenes: 15. Estimated number of sex scene pages: 42. Setting: current day Wyoming. Copyright: 2011. Genre: erotic contemporary western romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saddled and Spurred.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pam (new)

Pam I don't usually go for Cowboys, but you may have sold me on this one.....Happy Ending, hahahahah!

Jane Stewart Oh how fun!

If you’re really thinking about it, why don’t you try two others first. I gave them a slightly higher rating: “All Jacked Up” and “Cowgirl Up and Ride” – both by Lorelei James. I’ll be thinking of you :)

message 3: by Pam (new)

Pam Lol, I think my sister reads this series, I'll ask her to borrow them =)