Unknow098765's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Jul 07, 11

bookshelves: to-read, my-wishlist

Clockwork Angel Review: http://pagenumbered.blogspot.com/2011...

I received a signed copy of Clockwork Angel after winning a giveaway response hosted by Erin at Tales of the Inner Book Fanatic. I had previously read all of the other Cassandra Clare books out and had loved each and every one of them. Clockwork Angel was no different.
At first, I started, comparing the protagonists from both Clare's series, Clary and Tessa. I kept looking for similarities between the two- and there are several. However, as the novel continues I came to realise that Tessa and Clary are very different, the obvious difference with Tessa having the ability to transform into any person she has held a belonging of. Now, onto the subject of Tessa's ability, I liked the fact that this ability added to her character and took away any 'damsel in distress- ness' in her personality. But what I am dying to know is; what is Tessa? A Downwordler? More specifically a Warlock maybe? But she doesn't have any physical abnormalities ? (Leave your theories in the comment section)

I thought that Clare created a story that was built solidly on concrete foundations that we are all, by now, familiar with (due to the Immortal Instrument series). I thought that Clare's characters were entirely too likeable! I myself, have taken a particular liking to Will. And... -promise not to send an assassin after me?-... I might go as far as to say that he rivals Jace Wayland. My one regret about this novel, would be that we did not find out much about Will or his past. This is something that I am sure Clare will rectify in the next instalment and I can't wait. Personally, if you asked me to pick between The Mortal Instrument series and The Infernal Devices series so far, I couldn't pick. Also, I found Jem really relatable. I won't spoil his story but I thought that Jem's little excerpt added to the storyline significantly.

To conclude,I had very high expectations for this book and, to its credit, it managed to reached them. Clockwork Angel was an absolutely brilliant book and I am counting the days until Clockwork Prince is released (151 days, 13 hours to be exact). And, on a last note, I would just like to add that I always thought there was something suspect about Mortmain. A must read; I wouldn't miss this one for the world!
RATE: 10/10
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.