Yva Ladera's Reviews > All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum

Jun 10, 2011

Recommended to Yva by: Queenelle Gazmen
Read from May 27 to June 10, 2011

I have to say this book has not taught me a lot but rather it has opened my eyes to things I had somewhat already noticed. But I MUST thank Queenelle for recommending this book. It was a fun yet thoughtful read. While reading, i have come to realize that my ideas about simplicity being the best form of happiness are headed in the right direction. I rather enjoyed how the author showed his wit and simplicity through his credo. He spoke of, "Warm cookies and cold milk" and how we should, "go out into the world, watch for traffic, hold hands, and stick together." Words like that for some reason just bring a smile to my face. I also enjoyed how honest the author was. He invited you to look in on his life. I also came to the realization that the author uses anecdotes, whether they are his or others, to help explain a simple life lesson. He would start out talking about a normal day at the zoo then somehow incorporate the meaningful question of "What's it for?" Honestly, i was sad to see the last page turn. I would love to read more work from this author but I would also highly recommend this book to anyone willing to dig a little bit deeper.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten.

05/27/2011 page 10
4.0% "And I'm already hooked! The author is so quirky and witty but what he says makes you think. At the same time, he puts life in terms of simple things to enjoy and follow. And his credo; I would not mind following it if I'm entailed warm cookies with cold milk."
06/08/2011 page 97
40.0% "This book has been pretty amazing so far. The simplicity of his writing is what gets me the most. The book really does fit "uncommon thoughts on common things"."
06/10/2011 page 138
57.0% "I believe I have caught on the the pattern of the author. He chooses to use anecdotes to convey simple yet striking life lessons."