Michelle's Reviews > Fixing Cupid

Fixing Cupid by Cristian YoungMiller

May 27, 11

bookshelves: review-on-blog, kindle
Read from May 26 to 27, 2011

This book was really funny! I was so pleasantly surprised by that, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It was a short story, but it didn't seem too short. I thought it was a really good length for the story that was being told. It reminded me of the hangover with all of the crazy antics going on. But it wasn't too outrageous- everything came together in the end. And everything was there for a reason. I really like that in a book.

I also really enjoyed the main character, Ben. I could really relate to him, and felt so bad for him at the beginning of the book, when he was describing all the women that have left him for other guys throughout his life. But even the sad parts of the book were written very humorously. Cristian YoungMiller has a way with writing humor very successfully.

Ben's friend Carey bugged me in this book though. She was my least favorite character. She just blurted out things about her and Ben's past without even thinking about it or the consequences it might have. And even when the consequences presented themselves- she didn't even seem to care. She didn't seem very genuine. I even liked her boyfriend, Chip, more than her. I at least found him funnier. But other than Carey, I have no complaints about this book. It was a fast paced, fun read. It put me in a good mood and I read it in no time. I really enjoyed this funny and cute book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fixing Cupid.

05/27/2011