Amy's Reviews > Return the Heart

2082678
Jun 28, 11

bookshelves: fiction, paranormal, first-reads
Read in May, 2011

First of all, thank you Goodreads for my free signed copy!

I realize I’m being a little more generous with my rating than normal. But, it’s all about the timing. This book was the right book at the right time, one that I sneaked off to read during the day— which hasn’t happened in months! Not as an avoidance tactic to put off housework; the house was actually clean… well, mostly clean. Okay, it was a mess. But, there are just some things more important than mopping.

It was a fun, fast read with intrigue that started from the very beginning. The characters have special intuitive abilities, so I knew I was in for a treat. (Yes, I’m a sucker for people with powers.) It was plot driven and had a good pace. Granted, the action started up quickly so the characters aren’t developed as well as they could have been. But, they are likable enough. I liked the romantic attraction between Lilly and Seth from the very beginning even though the transition to desperate love is a bit hasty. But, they are good together.

At times the dialogue seemed a bit stiff; but it didn’t interfere with the flow of the story. And although there was nothing profound, there were occasionally some good one-liners. It was clean, a bit melodramatic, amusingly cheesy at times and simply enjoyable… oh, teen paranormal fiction how I have missed you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Return the Heart.