Stephanie's Reviews > Starcrossed: Perigee

Starcrossed by Tracey Lee Campbell

Jun 05, 11

bookshelves: author-sent, blog-reviews, own-ebook, read-in-2011, series, all-time-faves
Read in May, 2011

This book to me was amazing! Coming from someone that loved watching X-Files growing up this was definitely my bag of tea. When it first started with the character, Lucy waking up in a barn in horse manure, I was a little taken back. But after the first couple of pages I was hooked! When she meets Aric, it's like her whole life is turned upside down and she learns things about herself and things all around her that aren't quite as they seem.

One of the big things that I loved about this book was the concept of it. Aric is a whisperer, which to me gave me the impression of when a vampire “glamours” someone. He basically makes it easier for the people that the aliens abduct by calming their nerves. But there's so much more to it, harvesting wyk, which is explained as energy. The things that the characters are able to do with wyk is amazing as well.. I could go on and on, but I don't want to give away toooo much :)

Another thing that I loved about it is the relationship between Aric and Lucy. It's a real love, but your average lustful yearning that a lot of paranormal romances have. From what I felt while reading it, they genuinely care for each other, and Aric one mission is to protect Lucy at all cost. Very chivalrous in the way he treats her, and let's be honest ladies, that's always a good thing for a man to have.

If you are wanting something fast paced and full of action, then this is definitely one that I would recommend. In my opinion, it's one of the best paranormal romances that I have read and I would recommend to anyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starcrossed.