Sara's Reviews > A Visit from the Goon Squad

A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan

Jun 03, 11

bookshelves: didnt-finish
Read from May 26 to June 03, 2011

A pretty good read that manages to focus on many different characters who connect with each other at different points in their lives. A great strategy and well done. Until I got toward the end of the book and suffered through her awful attempt at writing about technology and the future, which was cringe-worthy at best. I will, however, cut short the rant I'm tempted to make and say that this book is worth a read up until the author starts talking about "pointers".
1 like · likeflag

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Fnordboy This is so dead on. Great read up until the "pointers". I can even say the PowerPoint chapter was an interesting attempt, but signals the beginning of the let down.

Sara Fnordboy wrote: "This is so dead on. Great read up until the "pointers". I can even say the PowerPoint chapter was an interesting attempt, but signals the beginning of the let down."

Totally agreed. Though I listened to it on audiobook and am not even sure which one the powerpoint chapter was. Oops.

message 3: by Diana (new)

Diana Salier i didn't finish this one either. i think i got about 100 pages in, maybe even less. didn't even get to this Powerpoint thing you guys speak of...

Sara Diana wrote: "i didn't finish this one either. i think i got about 100 pages in, maybe even less. didn't even get to this Powerpoint thing you guys speak of..."

You read the best parts, I think. I actually don't know how it ends because I couldn't bear her futurist nonsense.