Asriani's Reviews > Riversong

Riversong by Tess Thompson

May 29, 11

bookshelves: ebook
Read on May 29, 2011

River Song is touching book. It is a story about Lee Tucker. A woman who tried to live her life after misery things happened to her. It was not easy to her to build everything. Her past was always behind her.

In the beginning, her miserable life was revealed. Her childhood was unhappy. She spent those days with her pathetic mother. Even after leaving her behind, the bad luck kept haunting her. Few years later, when she thought everything was fine, a phone call rang and told that her husband committed suicide. He left her nothing but a big debt. Then a debt collector ran after and threatened to hurt her. In the middle of the messiness, she caught herself pregnant.One thing in her womb became another thing to think of.

i liked this book. I got no problem with the plot. I could easily follow the story from the first till the last chapter. The ending was nice.

Lee Tucker was a fragile woman. The past and what had just happened made her built a thick wall. She became too afraid to run new life. She almost lost the faith in herself. All her sadness was easily felt. I could get her emotions when she remembered all bad memories in her childhood.

My favorite character was Ellen, Lee’s neighbor who helped her a lot. I love the bond between Ellen and Lee. Once, my eyes were teary because of their conversation. Ellen has such a big heart. She was the one who kept encouraging Lee. She was not tired doing so. Tommy was also a sweet character. The romance between Lee and him was written naturally. Everything between them flowed in a good way. One character that made me smiled with his presence was Linus. I found him witty. I wish I could read more about him.

For a debut book with adult and fiction genre, River Song is a nice reading.

Cover
It was not a kind of cover that I like. But if they wanted to show the grief, I think they have designed it well.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Riversong.

05/29/2011 page 112