Andrea's Reviews > The Childe

The Childe by C.A. Kunz

May 31, 11

Read from May 26 to 29, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

The Childe is the first book in a fantasy series from mother/son team Carol and Adam Kunz (hence, CA Kunz). In The Childe, we meet Cat Colvin, a seemingly normal girl in an everyday world. Cat is just like every other teenage girl out there, trying to blend in and fit in.

The Childe is filled with a lot of fun, likeable characters. Cat and her friends, Julie, Amanda, Matt, Elle; they all are fun, relatable and realistic. Cat's parents, Sam and Rachel, are endearing. Her brother, Taylor is a typical older brother. He is snide and sarcastic with Cat, but if anyone messes with her, they'll have to get through him first. Ryan is the dreamboat star athlete who obviously is smitten with Cat, and obviously has some secrets of his own. Cat's "nemesis", Isaac, is an infuriating jerk, and more than a little scary. There are a lot of peripheral characters who add more to the mix, and I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of them in the next book in the series.

The book begins with a seemingly evil and powerful woman proclaiming the coming of The Childe. The book contains a lot of foreshadowing. There is definitely much going on that Cat, and the reader, do not know about. A lot of the characters discussing the "goings on" behind closed doors.The mystery continually built throughout the book, leaving more questions than answers. Normally, this drives me insane, and it did a little with this book. But, I will let it slide because I have a feeling a lot will be answered or elaborated on in the sequel.

All in all, I would say that The Childe is a fun, easy read. Perfectly enjoyable for the summer ahead.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Childe.

05/26/2011 page 7