Dan Schwent 's Reviews > HELP! A Bear is Eating Me!

HELP!  A Bear is Eating Me! by Mykle Hansen

Jun 12, 11

bookshelves: bizarro, 2011, great-titles
Read from June 08 to 09, 2011

While corporate sleazeball Marv Pushkin is on a bear-killing/team-building trip in Alaska, he becomes trapped under his Range Rover and a bear begins eating him. Hilarity ensues.

HELP! A Bear is Eating Me! reads like Jim Thompson's The Killer Inside Me if it were written by Christopher Moore and Lou Ford was an ad agency executive rather than a small town sheriff. Making the reader care about a douchebag of Pushkin's caliber is a rough job but Mykle Hansen accomplishes just that. Pushkin's dialogue is pricless and it's clear that he's totally oblivous to the reality of his utter douchebaggery.

Not only is HELP! A Bear is Eating Me! a hilarious tale of an asshole getting what's coming to him, slowly and painfully, it's also a commentary on the inane corporate culture. I could easily see Marv Pushkin being in management where I work.

That's about all I have to say. If you think a corporate scumbag getting eaten by a bear for 120-ish pages is funny, this is the book for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read HELP! A Bear is Eating Me!.

06/09/2011 page 7