Daniel G.'s Reviews > Learn Bookkeeping in 7 Days: Don't Fear the Tax Man

Learn Bookkeeping in 7 Days by Rod Caldwell

Jun 08, 11

bookshelves: books-read-in-2011, business, prosperity, own
Recommended for: Australian small business owners
Read on May 26, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 2

When I started out in business, one of the first pieces of advice I heard was to keep personal and business finances separate. I imagine that's easier to do when you're a company, but when you're a sole trader, dipping into the business account when you need a little extra cash can be an irresistible temptation.

Rod Caldwell is not simply a bookkeeper. He's a tax accountant with 20 years' experience at the Australian Taxation Office and he's learned to be a gifted teacher by teaching at TAFE in business studies. In other words, he's a man who knows his stuff, both from head knowledge and practical experience.

The book covers everything an Australian small business would need to know to do its own books. As such, it's an indispensable resource that should be a well-thumbed textbook on the shelves of any small business owner.

Within the first couple of pages, I found some changes I need to make to the way that I've been doing business.

Now that I've read it, I couldn't imagine doing business without it.

–– Daniel G Taylor

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Learn Bookkeeping in 7 Days.