Kayla Cagan's Reviews > Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling

5020995
May 26, 2011

Read from November 01 to 29, 2011 , read count: 1

Usually, I read a ton of fiction, and use non-fiction as my palette-cleanser. This year, I've been reading more collections of essays than usual and really enjoying it. So, move over, Fiction... Here comes some kick-ass Non-fiction!

I loved Tina Fey's BossyPants and thought that would be my favorite book of the year. But I'm wrong. Though it's not a contest - I can hold special places in my heart for both books - Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out with Me? has made me a super happy reader. I feel like I've made a new best friend (yes, I know I don't really know her), and I love giggling along with her hilarious insights. She's bright and witty and touches on the subjects I love: shopping, Jewish men *so damn funny*, food, girlfriends, and theater.

I feel like she wrote her book just for me, but more importantly, I don't feel like anyone could have written this book but Mindy Kaling. Her voice is singular- feminine and funny without apology. That's a true and rare find.

Favorite non-fiction book of the year, hands-down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?.