Lissa Smith's Reviews > The Giver

The Giver by Lois Lowry

Feb 27, 15

bookshelves: 2011, 5stars
Read from May 26 to June 01, 2011

I read this book in one sitting. I could not put it down. Defiantly one of, if not the best fantasy book I have ever read. It is an utterly cold novel about social acceptance. Every page of The Giver was spellbinding and captivating. However very interesting the story it is still a little confusing. A world without colors, loves, pain, and so on. This world is interesting yet, scary. I consider this book to be among the best books ever published. Found in the children or young readers sections your local library I would recommend everyone give this a read, you will not be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Giver.

05/26/2011 page 1
1.0% "JUNE CHALLENGE BOOK
WILL NOT START UNTIL JUNE"
05/31/2011 page 100
56.0% "I have to say… If you don’t have a father’s day book. The Giver by Lois Lowry is necessary!!! I am shocked at how well it is. It is truly a dark thriller. I could never in my wildest dreams live in such a world. How sad not to know music, love or memories. I am over half way finished and I wish this story were longer…."
09/19/2013 marked as: reviewed
12/24/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lissa Smith JUNE CHALLENGE BOOK # 3 Father's Day
WILL NOT START UNTIL JUNE

message 2: by KellBell (new)

KellBell I think it is too funny that this is the man you pick with facial hair! It cracks me up!!

message 3: by Lissa (last edited May 28, 2011 12:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lissa Smith KellBell wrote: "I think it is too funny that this is the man you pick with facial hair! It cracks me up!!"

It was the first man I came across with facial hair. I was hung up over the facial hair thing I did not step back and say to myself…. Hey, that hot a** man has eyelashes and eyebrows….duh; ding dong….humor calling….

message 4: by KellBell (new)

KellBell Well when I wrote that one my intentions were a beard or goatee or mustache. I just wasn't picturing a beard quite like that. :-)

Lissa Smith yea!! Its a whole lot of beard. I should save it for grandparents day, hahahaLOLOLOL!!!

message 6: by KellBell (new)

KellBell LOL!!