Jihan Ayesh's Reviews > Love in a Headscarf

Love in a Headscarf by Shelina Zahra Janmohamed

Jun 09, 11

Read in June, 2011

this book can be a guide for many Muslim girls,, especially who suffers from loneliness and in despair in their journey in searching for the One. I learnt so much from her determination and not standing away from what you really want to happen, she never waited the change but instead she makes it, and encourage others to not give up just wake up and do something if you really won't live your life alone or you want to live happily ever after.
You can see how Muslims there in London live, they're practicing Muslims, pray in the mosque, girls wearing hijab,educated,parents stand beside their children in their journey, not forcing them to marry.
the thing which wasn't clear is the age of Sheleina, she first told us she's 19,but then I couldn't judge if she's doing something OK to do and be concerned about in that age.It's also when she got married I waited her to mention her age but she didn't. therefore I don't know if aunties were true by what was they telling her.
I would like to continue reading for her and wait new books since I benefit too much from this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love in a Headscarf.