Crystal's Reviews > Brightest Kind of Darkness

Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle

Jan 16, 2012

bookshelves: 2012
Read from January 12 to 16, 2012

I loved this book! I needed something different and this is exactly what I was looking for.

The plot is similar to the movie Final Destination but without all the ickyness and scare tactics. I thought that the author did a wonderful job of incorporating new elements into the whole debate of if you know something bad is going to happen should you stop it or let nature take it’s course. At one point I even questioned my own beliefs and that in my opinion makes the author a very talented woman as I am quite stubborn.

I loved the main characters Nara and Ethan. These two are definitely in my top five favorite couples and I thought their connection was beyond breathtaking. Of course Ethan has this whole bad boy who helps animals vibe going on and he has a tattoo that sounds very hawt. All that combined into one gorgeous boy is very swoon worthy. I really want to know what his new tattoo means! Nara is just as awesome. She is a bada$$ soccer goalie and she is fierce when it comes to protecting people. The only that bothered me was that she was a little to forgiving of Lanie her best friend. I thought Lanie should have had to jump through a few more hoops before Nara accepted her apology and I really wished we would have seen the awesome friendship between the two girls more. I loved it in the beginning but when things happened and both girls started going their separate ways I missed it. I don’t really understand why Lanie switched loyalties so quickly but I really hope that in the sequel Lanie and Nara are back as BFFs.

The way this book ended made me cry for more! The whole showdown was amazing and at some point I have a feeling that I might have to resort to begging the author for a glimpse into the sequel. I don’t know how I will cope with the waiting! If you are looking for something that is amazing and completely different then please pick this book up! You will not regret it!
7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brightest Kind of Darkness.

06/09 marked as: read

message 1: by ~Tina~ (new) - added it

~Tina~ Great review hun! I have so many books to catch up on. Must read quicker:p

Crystal Thanks Tina! I really think you would like this one!

♥Rachel♥ Great review Crystal. I think I have had this on my kindle for ages. I really must read this. :)

Crystal Thanks Rachel! I hope you like it!! I really enjoyed it =)