Sneha Kedar's Reviews > Love Was Never Mine

Love Was Never Mine by Kunal Bhardwaj

May 26, 11

Read in March, 2011

A young, shy and average looking guy, Rahul, joins his dream company after completing his graduation. He is excited on starting his career in a multinational company but his life takes different turn when he meets Shreya and falls in love with her at first sight. Shreya is hot, sassy and materialistic girl which makes her completely opposite of Rahul. Rahul falls for Shreya and her hot looks (Unlike what Author has mentioned in his back cover ‘For Rahul looks are secondary, what matters is the soul.’)

Rahul is a strong believer of destiny and knows that someday he will win Shreya’s love. He does every sacrifice to win his love. Will Shreya realize Rahul’s love? Will Rahul be able to confess his love to Shreya? The book revolves around Rahul’s emotional voyages in a deep sea called as ‘Love’.

Now the actual review. Starting with the book cover, which is really unique and interesting and catches reader’s attention quickly. The cover itself can be thought of as a first selling pitch for the book.

Moving to the story, being the debut novel, author has done commendable job of gripping the reader’s attention till the end of the story. More stress is given to emotions (Rahul’s emotions to be specific) rather than story. The emotional side of a person in love is well explained and executed, which can be the plus point for the book. Although, I would have loved if author would have used more dialogues to make the book more interesting. The dialogues fall flat and the conversation ends quickly keeping the reader asking for more.

The characters are well executed and given proper justice. But even after reading the entire book ‘Shreya’s’ character is still a mystery for me. I wish author would have slipped in her mind often more to explain what actually she felt for Rahul.

The book is series of events put together to make a story. The story ends on interesting note and quite different from the traditional love stories. If I give away the ending, the interesting part of the story would be revealed. So, I will leave the ending to readers to read it and enjoy the suspense.

Overall, the book is different, interesting and worth reading. I enjoyed reading this book. The ending has a surprising twist and gives different meaning to the book. It’s an easy and short read which can be finished in a day or on weekend. So, I would love to call this as ‘Week end read’. Recommended to all those who ever fell in ‘Love’ and are looking for quick read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Was Never Mine.