Amy's Reviews > Diving in Deep

May 26, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011, glbtq
Read in May, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I liked this book very the start. Some great steamy scenes between two guys who had just reconnected after a bad parting when they were much younger. Due to his job, Cameron flies all over the US, not able to stay in one location for very long, so he doesn't get to meet up with Noah as often as either would like.

So, because of this, every time they get together, they practically fall in bed together, the end. Then fast forward a few months to half a year and they do it all over again. This is what I wasn't too fond of. I wanted to see the relationship grow. The few times Noah tried to suggest to Cam that they become exclusive, or mention how unhappy he was with how infrequently they see each other, Cam would get furious, which lasted all of a paragraph before they resolved it with sex.

They had been looking forward to a little vacation in Hawaii while Cam had a job conference there. They had all these plans of what they wanted to do. A few pages of sex and we skip ahead to the next 6 months.

A mention of a visit for Cam's birthday, which would make Noah miss Thanksgiving with his parents...yet we don't get to see that and suddenly we are in December.

Lack of a clear viewpoint character confused me for who to focus on during the scenes. I had to keep rereading parts to figure out what was happening. (Also, is it possible to suck someone off and screw them at the same time? Anyway, I think that was what was happening.)

Sorry, but I started to hate this book during the last half.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diving in Deep.