Jennifer's Reviews > Across the Universe

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Aug 25, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read from August 23 to 25, 2011

Amazing! Let us take a ride on Godspeed, a space ship where the lower level is full of frozen people awaiting life on a new planet. The top layers contain a world full of drugged people that are to keep the ship running. Elder is in training to become Eldest, a man in charge of all the people. Then there is Amy. Frozen on the ship because her parents are to one day be an important part of the new world on the new planet. She has left behind family, friends, and a boyfriend to one day awaken in 300 years to be with her parents in a new world. Then she is awoken early and can not be refrozen. She must protect the other frozens and help the drugged people live a better life. Elder loves how different she is but he has some crazy secrets too. It was a thrilling book with some real surprises and a story that really made me think. Another book where I will be anxiously awaiting its sequel.

Quotes Jennifer Liked

Beth Revis
“That's all you need to know about Godspeed," he says. "Although you should also know this. I am Eldest."
Good for you, I think. Congrats on being old.

Beth Revis
“I never thought about how important the sky was until I didn't have one.”

Beth Revis
“I want to take her into my arms and hold her tight. But at the same time, I know that is the exact opposite of what she wants. She wants to be free, and all I want is to hold her tight against me. ~ Elder”

Beth Revis
“Sorry? Sorry? Sorry isn't enough. Every. Single. Thing. I ever loved is beyond my reach now. Everything I ever wanted. Everything I ever was.”

Beth Revis
“But...If my life on Earth must end, let it end with a promise.
Let it end with hope.”

08/23/2011 page 15
show 1 hidden update…

Kristina Snyder I have this book but haven't gotten to it yet. Let me know what you think of it.

Kristina Snyder I'll have to read that one soon!!!! It sounded amazing!!!!

Jennifer I just picked it up. I'm excited it sounds great and I love dystopian stuff.

Kristina Snyder Me too!!!! I can't wait to read it.

Aimee Let me know if it's good. I'm planning on picking it up:)

Jennifer Just finished it and I loved it!!!

Kristina Snyder Great!!!!! I'll be reading that one soon.