Kathleen's Reviews > The Man With Two Left Feet

The Man With Two Left Feet by P.G. Wodehouse

May 25, 2011

bookshelves: ebook
Read from May 25 to 27, 2011

I started reading this short story collection for the Jeeves story, "Extricating Young Gussie", but I really enjoyed all of the stories. My favorites were "Bill the Bloodhound" (Henry and Alice, awww), "Wilton's Holiday", "The Mixer" (Part 1), "At Geisenheimer's" (nice twist ending), and "The Man with Two Left Feet" (Henry and Minnie, awww).

Some quotes I bookmarked:

"Spencer was one of those slack-jawed youths who are constitutionally incapable of preserving a secret."

"Gussie is making a perfect idiot of himself...He has lost his head over a creature."

"Mary, in these days, simply couldn't see that he was on the earth. She looked round him, above him, and through him, but never at him; which was rotten from Wilton's point of view, for he had developed a sort of wistful expression—I am convinced that he practised it before the mirror after his bath—which should have worked wonders, if only he could have got action with it. But she avoided his eye as if he had been a creditor whom she was trying to slide past on the street."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man With Two Left Feet.

05/27/2011
81.0% ""Mary, in these days, simply couldn't see that he was on the earth. She looked round him, above him, and through him, but never at him; which was rotten from Wilton's point of view, for he had developed a sort of wistful expression...which should have worked wonders, if only he could have got action with it. But she avoided his eye as if he had been a creditor whom she was trying to slide past on the street.""