Lucy Furr's Reviews > Ravnica: City of Guilds

Ravnica by Cory J. Herndon

Jun 04, 11

bookshelves: oh-oh-oh-its-magic, fantasy
Read from May 25 to June 01, 2011 — I own a copy

A great mystery/who-done-it/detective storyline, Magic the Gathering style. The Ravnica Block series is shaping up to be the best of the Magic books that I've read so far, though I could be biased as the Ravnica Block is my favorite Magic block to date. I was a little worried at first, seeing as how this book follows Agrus Kos and mainly focuses on Boros characters (I'm a Dimir girl, all the way) but plenty of other characters make appearances and there are some interesting twists and turns in the book. In the end, the "self pitying, should have retired long ago veteran" stereotype Agrus Kos started out to be didn't really grow all that much, but it could have been much, much worse, and he was still an interesting character to follow. Savra turned out to be more power hungry then I imagined her to be, but it worked, especially for Szadek, who I wished wouldn't have spent so much time in the shadows (though I guess that's appropriate place for the ancient leader of the so called non-existent 10th Guild). I'm interested to see what's in store from the Orzhov, Gruul and Izzet in the second book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ravnica.