Racquel's Reviews > Blue-Eyed Devil

Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas

*sigh* I love this book so, so, so much it's kind of not healthy. When I found out that Hardy has his own story, literally the first thing I did was go out to get it and it was the best thing I could have done since this book earned a special place in my heart.

Haven has really left a mark on me, I felt her happiness, her sadness, her guilt and abuse, everything! And Hardy Cates, boy it should be illegal to make characters like him. Out of all the books I read, Hardy Cates is takes the crown for most swoon worthy, literally my heart skipped beats as I read about him. He's so perfectly imperfect, he has flaws, he has issues and problems but he's also such a good man it makes me want to order a Hardy Cates of off ebay! Haven & Hardy's story is one I wish will continue on forever because I will never get bored of them and I constantly find myself rereading Blue-Eyed Devil and getting engrossed in this tale all over again. Blue-Eyed Devil is on of the best contemporaries I have ever read.

-thank you&come again.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue-Eyed Devil.

Quotes Racquel Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“So are you bisexual?” I had asked, and Todd had laughed at my insistence on label.

“I guess I'm bipossible,” he had said.”

Lisa Kleypas
“Weddings are never about the bride and groom, weddings are public platforms for dysfunctional families.”

Lisa Kleypas
“He liked cheap women, fast cars, late nights, and hard liquor, especially all together. In Jack's view, you are obliged to sin on Saturday night so you'd have something to atone for Sunday morning. Otherwise, you'd be putting the preacher out of business. ”

Lisa Kleypas
“Haven, don't ask me to define the boundaries of normal. You know how I was raised. My father once struck strands of his own pubic hair onto a painting and sold it for a million dollars.”

Lisa Kleypas
“You know what it is you smell on him, Haven? Testosterone. It's leaking out of his pores.”

Lisa Kleypas
“Those blue eyes glinted with uncivilized suggestion. A faint smile was tucked in the corner of his wide mouth. Definitely wouldn't want to be alone in a room with that guy, I thought. His gaze moved downward in lazy inspection, returned to my face, and he gave me one of those respectful nods that Texan men had raised to an art form. ”

Lisa Kleypas
“Todd? Are you still there?"

"Yeah. I'm just trying to think of a good reason to continue our friendship."
I grinned. "Jealousy is so unattractive Todd."

"It would help if you could tell me one thing that's wrong. One flaw. Bad breath? Warts? Some condition that requires anti fungal spray?"

"Would chest hair be a flaw?"

"Oh, yeah." Todd sounded relieved." I can't stand a chest rug. You can't see the chest cut.”

Lisa Kleypas
“I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.”

Lisa Kleypas
“I'm not that complicated, Haven. The truth is, I've wanted you ever since I met you in that damned wine cellar. Because I got a bigger charge out of that five minutes than I have with any woman before or since...”

Lisa Kleypas
“I wanted more of those sweltering kisses. I felt terrible about that. But the warm sunny fragrance of him...he smelled better than any human being I'd ever met. "Okay" I said unsteadily, "forget what I said about not exchanging names. Who are you?"
"For you, honey...I'm trouble." -Haven & Hardy”
tags: kiss

Lisa Kleypas
“What you should really be sorry for," he continued, "is that for the rest of my life, I'll have to avoid wine cellars to keep from thinking about you."
"Why? Was kissing me that bad?"
A devil-solf whisper. "No sweetheart. It was that good.”

Lisa Kleypas
“I told him I had always kept my inner Martha Stewart chained in the basement, but for his sake I would set her loose.”

~ Haven Travis”

Lisa Kleypas
“The look of experience suited him, especially because somewhere deep in those eyes, there still lurked a dangerous invitation to play. He had a quality of masculine confidence that was a thousand times more potent than mere handsomeness. Perfect goodlooks could leave you cold, but this kind of sexy charisma went straight to your knees. -Haven Travis”

Lisa Kleypas
“I had to admit the man looked amazing in jeans. The ancient denim clung lightly to his hips and followed the long lines of some remarkable thigh muscles. And although I made a point of not checking out his rear view, my peripheral vision was having a very good day.” ~ Haven Travis on Hardy Cates”

Lisa Kleypas
“Hardy! Hardy —” He had come for me. I nearly lost it then. In the wild torrent of relief and gratitude, there were at least a dozen things I wanted to tell him at once. But the first thing that came out was a fervent, “I'm so sorry I didn't have sex with you.”

I heard his low laugh. “I am too. But honey, there are a couple of maintenance guys with me who can hear every word we're saying.”

“I don't care,” I said desperately. “Get me out of here and I swear I'll sleep with you.”

message 1: by Nea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nea Barabea can I read the second one without reading the first one?? :)

message 2: by Racquel (last edited Oct 09, 2012 03:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Racquel Nea wrote: "can I read the second one without reading the first one?? :)"

You don't need to but I highly recommend that you do. Hardy, the hero, is introduced in the first book and you see him go through a loooot of character change and maturity and I enjoy seeing a character grow like that! And anyways, the first book is really good anyways, it's worth the read ;D

message 3: by Nea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nea Barabea hmm.. I'll think about it :P thank you!

message 4: by Nea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nea Barabea Racquel! I finally read it and I MUST admit I LOVED IT!! Thank you again for your suggestion!! :)