Loridanielle's Reviews > Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dash & Lily's Book of Dares.

Quotes Loridanielle Liked

David Levithan
“You think fairy tales are only for girls? Here's a hint - ask yourself who wrote them. I assure you, it wasn't just the women. It's the great male fantasy - all it takes is one dance to know that she's the one. All it takes is the sound of her song from the tower, or a look at her sleeping face. And right away you know - this is the girl in your head, sleeping or dancing or singing in front of you. Yes, girls want their princes, but boys want their princesses just as much. And they don't want a very long courtships. They want to know immediately.”

Rachel Cohn
“The important people in our lives leave imprints. They may stay or go in the physical realm, but they are always there in your heart, because they helped form your heart. There's no getting over that.”

Rachel Cohn
“I want to believe there is a somebody out there for me. I want to believe that I exist to be there for that somebody.”

Rachel Cohn
“I've always resented Hermione, because I wanted to be her so badly and she never seemed to appreciate as much as I thought she should that she got be her. She got to live at Hogwarts and be friends with Harry and kiss Ron, which was supposed to happen to me.”

Rachel Cohn
“Well sure, who doesn't need a boyfriend? but realistically, those exotic creatures are hard to come by. At least a quality one.”

David Levithan
“Be careful what you're doing, because no one is ever who you want them to be.”

David Levithan
“Are you going to be playing for the pure thrill of unreluctant desire?”

Rachel Cohn
“I don’t know what boldness came over me, but the resolute heaviness of Dash’s demeanor threatened to crush my soul. My pinky finger crept over and nestled against his, for comfort. Like a magnet, his pinky finger latched onto and intertwined with mine. I like magnets a whole lot.”

David Levithan
“I was horribly bookish, to the point of coming right out and saying it, which I knew was not socially acceptable. I particularly loved the adjective bookish, which I found other people used about as often as ramrod or chum or teetotaler.”

David Levithan
“I was attempting to write the story of my life. It wasn't so much about plot. It was much more about character.”

David Levithan
“I mean, what if love isn't a yes-or-no question? It's not either you're in love or you're not. I mean, aren't there different levels? And maybe these things, like words and expectations and whatever, don't go on top of the love. Maybe it's like a map, and they all have their own place, and then when you see it from the sky - whoa.”