Bonnie's Reviews > Home Improvement: Undead Edition

Home Improvement by Charlaine Harris

Aug 24, 11

bookshelves: anthologies-and-short-stories, urban-fantasy, adult, library
Read on August 19, 2011

FYI - This rating is based solely on the story by Charlaine Harris! I may go back and edit this based upon the remaining short stories, but that's not likely.

I'm a huge fan of her Sookie Stackhouse series so I couldn't resist a short story to get me by until her next full length novel. Sadly, I was super disappointed.

This short story involved Tara and JB and the recent addition(s) to their family. Not having enough space for their new twins they decide to renovate and do some 'Home Improvements'. Work comes to an abrupt stop when a hammer is found hidden in one of the walls they're tearing down... and it's covered in blood.

Typical of a normal Sookie novel I suppose, this blood hammer mystery is immediately solved, i.e. "Oh that must be the hammer that was used to kill *insert name here*". Kinda made me go all squinty eyed and say, "Really? Now how in the hell did you just pull that one outta your ass?" Considering this was a short story and all I suppose I can understand the immediate solution but still it was eye-roll inducing.

In the end everything is solved and everyone lives happily ever after... as can be expected. But wait. The story is over? But there weren't even any vampires!!!! Crap I say, crap.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home Improvement.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Giselle (new)

Giselle No Eric? Booo

Bonnie Giselle wrote: "No Eric? Booo"

I was SO disappointed.