Lakisha's Reviews > Golden Healer, Dark Enchantress

Golden Healer, Dark Enchantress by Christine E. Schulze

Oct 01, 11

bookshelves: young-adult, ya, romance, paranormal, magic
Read from July 16 to October 01, 2011

First I would like to say that the reason this novel stayed in my currently reading shelf forever is because of my eReader deciding to have a software malfunction. And since I had it in epub, I had to hunt down something to read it with.

Needless to say, I did find something and finished the story. Now on to the review.

My rating is 3.5 stars (I don't think you can give half stars on here and if you can, I haven't figured it out yet).

There were some grammatical/punctuation errors that distracted me a little from the storyline.

The overall flow was pretty smooth though occasionally I was left wondering if I had missed something after scene shift. I then went back and reread the previous section and realized, nope, I hadn't missed anything.

The characters were not flat by any means, which is a good thing, since I tend to favor character-driven stories. I did feel that they could have used a little more to make them fully relatable. I was vested enough to want to finish it but not enough to emotionally attached to the main characters' plight.

I liked the concept of vampires being what they are because of a curse.

Would I read something else by this author? Yes, I would.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Golden Healer, Dark Enchantress.

07/27/2011 page 33
08/11/2011 page 85
64.0% "Interesting mix. Almost done."
show 3 hidden updates…