Jenni's Reviews > Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

I absolutely adored Clockwork Prince. It has earned a spot on my Favorites shelf and is probably my favorite of all the books Cassandra Clare has written. That’s saying something since it’s the middle book in a trilogy!

This story had it all–-suspense, intrigue, humor, love, happiness, and anguish. There were times when I was giddy while reading this story and other times when I wanted to sob because of the heartache I was feeling. And, I have been left on the edge of my seat wondering what’s going to happen next, wondering if things will be resolved the way I want them to be, wondering if I even know how I want things to be resolved.

It’s funny. I must be getting over my extreme dislike for love triangles because I couldn’t bring myself to hate Will or Jem. I like them both and either one could be good for Tessa. Honestly, I just don’t want either of them to be heartbroken or for this situation to ruin what they have as friends and parabatai.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.

Quotes Jenni Liked

Cassandra Clare
“Jem is nothing but goodness. That he struck you last night only shows how capable you are of driving even saints to madness.”

Cassandra Clare
“Our souls are knit. We are one person, James.”

Cassandra Clare
“We live and breathe words. .... It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them. Reading your words, what you wrote, how you were lonely sometimes and afraid, but always brave; the way you saw the world, its colors and textures and sounds, I felt--I felt the way you thought, hoped, felt, dreamt. I felt I was dreaming and thinking and feeling with you. I dreamed what you dreamed, wanted what you wanted--and then I realized that truly I just wanted you.”

Cassandra Clare
“Will has always been the brighter burning star, the one to catch attention — but Jem is a steady flame, unwavering and honest. He could make you happy.”

Cassandra Clare
“You’re seventeen,” Magnus said. “You can’t have wasted a life you’ve barely lived.”

Cassandra Clare
“She had never imagined she had the power to make someone else so happy. And not a magical power, either--a purely human one.”

12/16/2011 page 70
14.0% "Alas, I must go to bed. I want to keep reading, though. So good so far!"
12/19/2011 page 208
41.0% "Um, wow! Just wow. I like Will still, but Jem is giving him a run for his money."
12/20/2011 page 373
74.0% "Why must bedtime come so quickly? I want to keep reading so badly!"
12/21/2011 page 433
86.0% "I've never been so torn before. I've always hated the "other" guy in a love triangle. But, I love both Will and Jem."
12/21/2011 page 502
100.0% "Be still, my breaking heart."