Stephanie's Reviews > The Juliet Club

The Juliet Club by Suzanne Harper

F_50x66
Jun 01, 11

Read from May 25 to June 01, 2011

I absolutely adored this :) I think any Shakespeare fanatic who can quote verses (yes I know I'm a book nerd actually I think I prefer English literature enthusiast more. :) ) I liked Kate she was intelligent and funny, kinda bitter ,but who isn't bitter after basically getting dumped for a Barbie (or Ken Doll...hehe Ken dolls,and putting prunes in people's food.) in human form? Well I guess according to this book the cure for heart break is Italy ,Shakespeare fanatics , playing a trick on your friends with the guy you can't stand , and last but not least a bet on your love life where the stakes are a lucky necklace and a pair of boots. Oh I guess you have to throw love in there too. :P

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Juliet Club.

Quotes Stephanie Liked

Suzanne Harper
“After a moment, she said, "Yes. I think she will be good for you."
"You do?" He couldn't keep the surprise out of his voice.
"Si." She smiled grimly. "She will break your heart and leave you shattered and alone." She paused to think that over, then nodded approvingly to herself. "It will make you a man.”
Suzanne Harper, The Juliet Club

Suzanne Harper
“Si! Today there was a report from scientists who have spent their entire lives studying chimpanzees and you know what they said? They said the monkeys are learning to make spears! They've never been able to make weapons before but now, now, all of a sudden they can!" She gave him an ominous look and took the lid off the pot of boiling water. "Mark my words, Giacomo. They're doing it for a reason. The next thing you know, they'll be coming after us."
"Mmm. That will be bad."
"Si, very bad." She threw the pasta into the pot. "But I will be ready for them.”
Suzanne Harper, The Juliet Club