Camille-Dhark Nytmhare's Reviews > Without Reservations

Without Reservations by J.L. Langley

May 26, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2011, brokeback, hot-monkey-love, shapeshfters
Read from May 25 to 26, 2011

OMG this had to be the cutest couple I have ever read about. They didn't take themselves too seriously. They acted like such an average couple with no kissykissy lovedovey poopoo lips.

I have read many stories where there was an instant mating attraction in which the couple spent the book trying to convince us of their undying love for each other while an evil force tries to destroy their pure undying love. That get's old afterwhile.

Things don't go as smoothly for Bit and Chay. They are imperfect. Their attraction is as awkward and real. Almost as predictable as the sex and the fact that neither man knows how to cook. They are playful, eat pizza for breakfast and play poker. All of those things makes this story so adorable. As much as it is a paranormal romance you tend to forget it when you are front and center in the couple's daily rituals.

Without Reservations is very nicely paced without overdramatizing events. It is a light read that is put together nicely. The story doesn't try to pretend to be anything except a story that wants to be told.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Without Reservations.

message 1: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey After SoulCity... I'm on it!
A.