Haydon's Reviews > Much Ado About Nothing

Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare

M_50x66
May 25, 11

In Much Ado About Nothing, while there were many characters, the main people the story focused on was Hero, Claudio, Don Pedro, and his brother Don John. The story begins with Claudio and Don Pedro returning from war with Claudio seeing Hero for the first time. He falls in love with her immediately and being good friends with Don Pedro; Don Pedro planes to woo Hero into falling in love with Claudio. Because of Don John's jealousy and envy of Claudio's power, he decides he would do anything to mess up whatever his brother was doing. The book is over a lot of what Don John tries to do to mess up Claudio. Sometimes gossip and rumors can be done with good intentions that lead to positive outcomes, while other times it can be done with hurtful intentions that lead to negative outcomes. Society has stubborn minds that loyally stick to their opinions. While it can be changed by word of mouth, it sometimes can only change back with solid evidence.

At the start of this book I was very confused but when my teacher helped the class learn the language of old English, when I actually knew what the text meant the book was great. I have never read Shakespeare because I thought it was going to be boring but it was a very interesting book. No doubt that this is one of the best play books I have read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Much Ado About Nothing.