Ali's Reviews > Shine

Shine by Lauren Myracle

M 50x66
May 25, 2011

I fell in love with this book right away and was sucked into the life of Cat and her broken down old town of Black Creek. I've always loved Lauren Myracle's work, but I found this different from her others, More serious in a way. when tragity stricks and her once best friend is the victim of a hate crime Cat is forced out of her hiding place that she had been stuck in for three years, in order to find out who in there close-knit town would do such a thing. this book brings you right into the puzzle and keeps you guessing the whole time, and I would recomend this to anyone who likes a good book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shine.

Quotes Ali Liked

Lauren Myracle
“Who would want to be poked by some dumb girl with a stick?”

Lauren Myracle
“You should be out stirring up trouble with your friends, not bothering with all them books you read. You know it's them books what make you talk funny.”

Lauren Myracle
“Even so, I was proud of myself for taking action at all. I didn't hide or run away or pretend the ugliness didn't happen. I stood up and said something that was true. I said it out loud, and by doing so, I was standing up for lots of people, not just me.”