Judy's Reviews > The Devil and Preston Black

The Devil and Preston Black by Jason Jack Miller

Jul 26, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: off-the-beaten-track, books-for-music-lovers, west-virgina, american-novel
Read from May 25 to July 26, 2011

This is an author I discovered through Goodreads, one of many who've taken the ebook plunge. Thanks to my Kindle, I'm able to take a chance on authors I've never heard of, but who sound interesting, something I urge everyone with an ebook reader to do.

Rock musician Preston Black is in search of the father he never knew, and believes he's found a clue in a song called "The Devil and Preston Black." The search leads him on a musical journey through the mountains of West Virginia, where he discovers the traditional music of his home state. Along the way he must struggle with crumbling relationships with his foster family and his own inner demons.

Especially recommended for music fans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil and Preston Black.

Quotes Judy Liked

Jason Jack Miller
“Preston Black couldn't sleep the whole night through, Preston Black couldn't sleep the whole night through. He'd lay in bed 'til the morning came, but the devil'd visit him just the same. Preston Black couldn't sleep the whole night through.”
Jason Jack Miller, The Devil and Preston Black