Michelle's Reviews > Deadly Cool

Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday

Oct 31, 11

bookshelves: own, review-on-blog
Read on October 23, 2011

I already wrote a review for this book and yet again, I lost it! Sad day. Ok, here goes attempt number two.

Deadly Cool is one of the funniest books I have read in a while! Gemma's writing reminds me of Meg Cabot. Which, if anyone knows me, knows that I LOVE Meg Cabot. She is my all time favorite author. I have been on a paranormal and suspense kick lately so it was so refreshing to pick up a contemporary and have it be as funny and fun as Deadly Cool. I loved it! I need to read Social Suicide right now!

Harley is like a mixture of Nancy Drew and Veronica Mars. Two very awesome, kick ass girls! All three of those ladies are savvy, smart, sassy and a bunch of other good S words. Such a great main character, with such a cool name!

Chase is also a nice name. And his name was not the only thing I liked about him. I was a sucker for Chase. And what he did for Hartley- sigh. I would like a chase overnighted to me please. I can't wait to see what is going to happen between the two of them in the next book. I read the teaser for Social Suicide and it drove me crazy! I need to read it now!!

I loved the murder mystery in Deadly Cool. It was really well developed. I particularly enjoyed how realistic it seemed. Too many times, I have read books where the law enforcement was completely incompetent so it was way too easy for the kids to sneak around and break into places to get the information that they needed. Here, everyone was actually doing their jobs.

Overall, Deadly cool is a fun read. I loved it! The mystery is great and there are plenty of twists to keep you interested and guessing till the end. And Chase certainly doesn't hurt the book either! I need to get my hands on Social Suicide ASAP!

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Cool.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melannie :) (new) - added it

Melannie :) I'm a huge Meg Cabot fan, too! and your review is the last push I needed to buy this one soon!