Kaitlyn Thomas's Reviews > The Guardian

The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks

F_50x66
May 25, 11

Read in May, 2011

The book The Guardian was a very heart trenching novel that kept me on my toes. Nicholas Sparks did an amazing job with keeping me guessing and keeping the book suspenseful. What kept me reading this book was the love and romance that carried on, not only with Julie and her men, but also with Julie and Singer. While I was reading this book I experienced a lot of different feelings but the two that were really strong were suspense and love. Love because of the way Sparks talked about Julie, Mike, and Richard, and suspense because it goes from a love story to a murder. My favorite line/ paragraph from the book were on page XV in the letter that Julies deceased husband wrote her.
Dear Jules,
I know that if you are reading this letter, I’ve already passed away. I don’t know how long I have been gone , but I hope you’ve been able to begin healing. I know that if I were in your position, it would be hard for me , but you know I’ve always believed that you were the stronger of the two of us.

The reason I like this ling from the book so much is because it shows how much Jim, Julies deceased husband, cares for Julie and how he believes in her. If I could recommend this book to anyone I would probably recommend it to my mom because she is someone that enjoys reading and is a real sucker for love stories but really thrives to read murder mysteries. If I could rate this book from 1-10, I would give it a 9 because it was an almost perfect novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Guardian.