Sarah Verminski's Reviews > Shadow Kiss

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

Jul 21, 13

bookshelves: vampire-books, vampire-academy, fantasy, favorites, romance, ya-books, richelle-mead
Read from June 28 to July 21, 2013, read count: 2

** spoiler alert ** When I first read this book, I couldn't comprehend why Richelle Mead would force us to endure poor Rose's heartbreak and the twisted, unbearable torture of forcing her to kill the man she loves! Not to mention he was her first, and she had lost her virginity to him the day before he was taken away!!
Now I see how remarkable Mead is at pulling us into Rose and Dimitri's world; a beautiful, emotional, tragic place that leaves us heartbroken, but craving more. If she'd ended the series like that, THAT would have pissed me off, but Rose and Dimitri's tragic romance isn't over- thank God! Even though I know how it all ends, since this is my second time reading the series, I can't help but cry when Rose realizes Dimitri was turned into a Strigoi, and cringe at what I know is coming. It's kind of distracting and impossible to simply enjoy the first 3 books when I know what's coming even though I should've been forewarned by all the foreshadowing since book #1. It's so obvious the second time around, I can't believe I never suspected this was "bound" to happen! *sigh* Foreshadowing is so important, but I can't be the only one taken by surprise (and horror), can I? Nevertheless, it's a great book, even by itself, and the only thing keeping me away from continuing the story is me writing this review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Kiss.

05/28/2011
06/07/2012 page 187
62.0% "Not to the awful part yet, but I know it's coming soon...It's been hard to get as swept up in Rose and Dimitri's romance as I was the first time I read the series. I know what's coming and it's truthfully emotionally harder to re-read this series than any other epic series like Harry Potter and Twilight, because it's harder to endure what happens between them in the next book. :-("
06/08/2012
100.0% "This shit is more tragic than Romeo and Juliet! Actually, they were dumbasses!! This book is incredibly tragic, but oh so intriguing...."
06/28/2013 marked as: currently-reading