Kristen My Bookish Fairy Tale's Reviews > ShadowShifter

ShadowShifter by Melissa D. Ellis

Jun 16, 11

Read from May 25 to June 15, 2011

I loved this book! Melissa wrote an amazing story that I could not get enough of. I finished this book wanting more of Julie and Brody.

ShadowShifter is one of those books that I will continue to think about even though I am done. I absolutely adored the character's and the relationships of this novel. Being a self published novel I honestly couldn't tell that it was. Her writing style is absolutely amazing. I loved her character development and I honestly had a hard time remembering that this was self published.

I commend Melissa on such a great story. The supernatural being one of my favorite genre's, Melissa did not disappoint me and I find myself truly admiring her for such a great piece of work.

The story was great. The love between Brody and Julie had me swooning. I adored everything about this book. I find it hard to find anything to dislike about it. All of the character's were well written and the settings and plot were entrancing.

Melissa's writing has this enamoring quality about it that had me wanting more. She had a perfect balance of all the qualities that makes books great. Such a great story of a young girl in high school who wants nothing more than to be accepted but finds herself uncomfortable in her own skin and how the most unexpected boy leads her to find herself in the midst of all that is crazy and chaotic about her life.

Melissa D Ellis is definitely an author that you are going to want to check out if you love the supernatural and a great love story.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read ShadowShifter.