Rose's Reviews > The Five Love Languages of Children

The Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman

May 25, 2011

liked it
Recommended for: anyone who has interdependent relationships with people
I own a copy , read count: 2

I think the book shared some interesting insights. I'm conflicted with there just being five "love languages". I see the five displayed and being interwoven daily in each of my four children. I think to understand the general concept is fine, but real mommies and daddies know that each of children will run through each of these needs during their time as children. Let's not stop there, that applies to all people. I may need just a hug or a hand on my shoulder and still also need an act of service/kindness. That's were the book fell short for me, it doesn't go into the combinations and people that may fuction daily in a combination state of need. I did appreciate the chapter on anger and love. Anger dominates the lives of many people/children. Many grow up crippled by an inability to accept, confront and release anger. It was affirming to find agreement that a positive expression of anger is beneficial to everyone. It's not easy but it's worth it for your children to have enough trust and feel safe enough to move through their anger.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Five Love Languages of Children.