Christi's Reviews > They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky: The Story of Three Lost Boys from Sudan

They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky by Benjamin Ajak

May 25, 11

Read on May 25, 2011

Wow, a bit overwhelming. Some things are just really hard to understand...people can be very cruel when basic needs are not met and we don't consider what others might feel if we were in their shoes.
I am so proud of the human soul, that it has the capacity to rise out of the filth of bad treatment and say "look at me, I am worth something, I will try again".
I'm glad I read this even though it was hard.
It was not as graphic as it could have been. I was proud of the boys sweet innocence in describing hard things. They wrote it from the perspective of a 5 yr. old boy, a 4 year old boy, a 7 year old boy, because that was what they were when these things happened to them. They didn't have explanations for many things and so they didn't try. From their more grown approach I am sure they have begun to interpret their past but I could see they chose to write it from their original perspective.
I will remember this book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky.