Julie's Reviews > Sewing Clothes Kids Love: Sewing Patterns and Instructions for Boys' and Girls' Outfits

Sewing Clothes Kids Love by Nancy Langdon

May 25, 11

bookshelves: crafts
Read in May, 2011

I'll admit I bought this almost entirely to get the Feliz pattern which I'm using to make three flower girl dresses for a late summer wedding. But the actual content of the book was really helpful, too. I've been sewing for over 25 years but mostly either totally wing it or follow a pattern; this is a nice middle ground of using a pattern but actually fitting it appropriately, too. My only complaint is that in many of the (beautifully artistic and high quality) photos you can't really see the clothes well enough to get a sense of what you can do with them yourself. Like the Feliz: there are two photos and you can barely see the dress in either. Thankfully there's no shortage of photos online (just google "Feliz dress" images or look it up on flickr!). A few more photos of coats and shirts sewn for boys would have been, nice, too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sewing Clothes Kids Love.