Cheryl Vaughn's Reviews > The Heroin Diaries: A Year In The Life Of A Shattered Rock Star

The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx

May 25, 11

bookshelves: favorites, own-on-shelf

When I was a teenager, I liked Motley Crue, but I LOOOVED Nikki Sixx. My walls were covered with very scary posters of Nikki Sixx. So as an adult I had to read The Heroin Diaries.
I am so sheltered, I'm like a little Amish Puritan Wife... This book blew me away and shocked me and made me rethink my love for Nikki. Drugs make you do some pretty nasty over-the-top, freaky a** stuff!! I cannot even IMAGINE this Nikki Sixx World. He's a depressed, heroin-sex addicted schizophrenic. He has way too much money and he is INSANE!!! So after reading this diary, how do I feel about Nikki??? It took me a while to reach this point but I've decided...I still LOVE Nikki Sixx. I don't love the person Nikki Sixx, but I love the ARTIST Nikki Sixx. I love his music, he writes all the words for Motley and his band...he writes poems and books and he's a twisted brainiac!! Why are amazing artists always a bit crazy? I have no idea, except you have to be to imagine these words and music. I don't love his lifestyle and I don't agree with everything he stands for but...he is a very loyal friend, father and he amazingly taught me to accept people for all their flaws and never give up on your true friends and that dark and gothic can be, in its own way, beautiful. I love you artistic Nikki Sixx. Will I read "This is Going to Hurt" by Nikkie Sixx? It's at the top of my list!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heroin Diaries.