Gordon's Reviews > Magic Slays

Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews

May 25, 11

Read in January, 2010

It is not as bad as Ilona thinks, all and all it is not terrible.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Slays.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ilona (new)

Ilona Andrews :facepalm:

Honour *broad grin*
Luck, people.

Samina ~ Escapism~ I am sure it is gonna be great.In fact it will be awesome, just like the older books.

message 4: by Has (new)

Has I liked the rox falling and everyone dying bit :D

message 5: by Ilona (new)

Ilona Andrews Two can play that game, dear. Check your friend requests.

message 6: by Marnie (new)

Marnie really now.. 2 - Ilona is going to get you for that!

Gordon Oh, you had better not denied me, or my feelings will be hurt.

message 8: by Day (new) - rated it 5 stars

Day I feel stupid now....I really liked this book. *grumbles*

message 9: by Ilona (new)

Ilona Andrews I will ask i-chan to draw your chibi as a devil chibi. Phhhh!

Nicole I love that not bad = 2 stars.... Gordon, you're bringing the overall average of your own book down!

Samina ~ Escapism~ Oh chibi Ilona will be funny.What are the chances of mini Ilona Devil being posted?

Gordon I was told by Jeaniene Frost to mention that this review is meant to be tongue-in-cheek and not to convey that Ilona and I are in trouble or that I am "seething with pent up rage." Guys I really do like the book.

Sandra Rosa no fight then? awww...
how about chibis, do we still get chibis?

Gordon Oh yeah, she totally ordered chibis from the guy this morning. I can't wait.

Sandra Rosa oooooh! i can't wait to see...
will they be chibi wolves and pandas?

Gordon Sandra wrote: "oooooh! i can't wait to see...
will they be chibi wolves and pandas?"
I don't know, I like the one she did on the blog, I know it's Kate and Curran, but to me it looks like me and Ilona having a spat. "Ok, look I know 300 bucks for iTunes may seem like a lot, but I can explain, if you put down your little sword."

Sandra Rosa hadn't thought of that!
Chibis from the Magic Series would be cool...
i'm picturing:
chibi Kate with Chibi Sword downing Chibi Boone's Farm...
chibi Curran picking out chibi peas from chibi chinese food container...
and all the other couples as well...

Estara Gordon wrote: "I don't know, I like the one she did on the blog, I know it's Kate and Curran, but to me it looks like me and Ilona having a spat. "

I was thinking the same at first, and then I thought: "Hang on, they don't have a son, so it can't be..."

Gordon Well we have Mr. Angus, but he is as close to a son as we will come to. The girls are fair haired, it would be cool if we had a dark haired boy.

message 20: by Ilona (new)

Ilona Andrews Dude. I've made two babies, I am done.

message 21: by Tami (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tami You guys are too funny!! Can't wait for the book to come out!! :D 6 more days Woo Hoo!!

Nora-adrienne You are sooooo out of your mind if you only gave this book 2 stars. Or you were on something.

message 25: by Barbara (VampAngel) (last edited May 25, 2011 06:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Barbara (VampAngel) You guys are hilarious. I will bet you anything that this is a 5 stars book. I have no doubt about it.

However, as I've said on your blog if you guys want just send me the book and I'll be glad to read it today and post my review here (and on my blog) so that your stars average will come up. I'd be willing to do that as a favor to you. I'm nice like that. It's no trouble at all. ;)

And by the way, those chibis are the cutest things I have ever seen. I can't wait to see more.

Hurog_kate Okay, I'm dying to know and I'll be the dumb one to ask -- WTH is a chibi???

message 27: by Ilona (new)

Ilona Andrews Hurog_kate wrote: "Okay, I'm dying to know and I'll be the dumb one to ask -- WTH is a chibi???"

This is a chibi: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/2011/05/...

Hurog_kate ROTFL

message 29: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess I would like to see a Chibi that shows Andrea drowning the two skanks in the spa while Raphael looks on in bemusement!!!

Honour I love chibi-Derek and chibi-Julie. Anyone else want to see the two in chibi form again?

Samina ~ Escapism~ Aw... I love it.Julie blushing and looking at Derek.Kate annoyed and Curran there with a sparkle in his eyes.LOL.Its so accurate and cute.Love it.

Clare LOL!!!!!

message 33: by Yui (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yui those chibi's are so cool. I think I like chibi kate better than the book cover. I'll be imagining these 4chibi's when I read Magic Slays.
Tami wrote: You guys are too funny!! Can't wait for the book to come out!! :D 6 more days Woo Hoo!!
I'm so jealous. My Amazon is sticking to June 9 - 11 delivery date. :-(

message 34: by Ainslie (last edited May 30, 2011 03:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ainslie Every time you guys fret about how bad the book is, it turns out even better than the last one! I just remember all the angsting over Bayou Moon, and it was fabulous.

message 35: by Barbara (VampAngel) (last edited May 31, 2011 07:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Barbara (VampAngel) It's fucking awesome. I just read it and I LOVED it. Every book is better than the last one. I don't know how you guys do it. The only other author I can say the same about is Jim Butcher with the Dresden Files. It must be hard to keep a series going this long without it going downhill, most series I follow suffer from this. It's not the case with you guys and you do it so effortless. Also, making a couple work as well and Kate and Curran do is rare and fantastic to read. It takes real talent. It just gets more awesome with each book. Congrats. You awed me again. It's my all time favorite series and Kate is my favorite UF heroine ever. Thanks for that!

Gordon VampAngel wrote: "It's fucking awesome. I just read it and I LOVED it. Every book is better than the last one. I don't know how you guys do it. The only other author I can say the same about is Jim Butcher with the ..."
Thank you so much, I am a fan of Harry as well. I think it would be hard for any series to go past like 10 without suffering a bit. We have been very fortunate with the Kate series.

Barbara (VampAngel) "We have been very fortunate with the Kate series."

It's not luck, it's pure talent. You guys seriously rock. I could kiss you both right now. ;)

I absolutely love Harry Dresden. He is my all time favorite UF hero. He shares a lot of the same qualities as Kate. No wonder she's my favorite heroine and him my favorite hero. They are both snarky, loyal, stubborn, brave, selfless and bad ass. What's not to love?

MISS VAIN I'm so excited to read Magic Slays! It was supposed to be on hold for me at Barnes & Noble. I drove 20 miles to purchase it this morning and they didn't even gave it on the shelves yet. So here I am 8 hours later finally after having an employee search for it in the back, barely starting it. I'm super excited :-) Kate Daniels series is fantastic! Congratulations to you and your wife on your success.