Frida Rivera's Reviews > La Linea

La Linea by Ann Jaramillo

F_50x66
May 25, 11

Read in May, 2011

The emotions that the book made me feel was a boy trying to reach his goal by being with his family. My favorite line from the book was:”instead I played soccer for Cruz Azul or chivas, America or Necaxa. I was famous. I was very, very rich”. It shows what the boy wants to be and he trying to reach. The portion captivated me was when the grandma died because she was the mother for Miguel (boy) since the actual mom left to California the grandma was there for him. It was sad to see someone you love death and not be able to be there with them. Since Miguel (boy) was at California and it was hard to come back were they used to live. This book kept me reading because it was hard for the Miguel (boy) to reach what wanted. This reminds me about when I got here to Denton and how much I had to go thru and learn a new style of life I had never lived. My favorite character of the story was Miguel because he was the one that had to manage with everything and had to be the role model to his little sister that he has. I think the author purpose to write this book was so people know how sometimes people struggle to have a better live and better future for their children. Also to see how hard is it for the children to live without their parents. I was not able to predict the end but how it happen about the grandma was sad. I would recommend this book to teenagers that have everything and they take it for granted because maybe someone else wishes they could have the life easy as them. Which life is not equal to everyone unless you work very hard to accomplish what you want and need. For a movie I have seen a movie that has basically the same struggles and I think that would be great to show the story about Miguel and his family.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read La Linea.