Meg - A Bookish Affair's Reviews > The Au Pairs

The Au Pairs by Melissa de la Cruz

Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: 2012, fiction, young-adult
Read in March, 2012

With spring break time approaching very soon, it's not too early to be thinking of beach reads. The Au Pairs is the first in a series that seems poised to become a great beach read. To me, there are several key factors that make a great beach read. First, it has to be light. Second, it needs to be fun. Third, I like a little romance with my fruity umbrella drinks so it has to have a good love match. Fourth, it needs to be engaging. The Au Pairs has all of this. Are you going to have a major revelation? No, probably not. Is this book going to make you think deep thoughts? Nope. But beach reads are not supposed to do that so it's all good.

Eliza and Jacqui really annoyed me at first. They leave Mara to actually do the work that they were hired to do. By the end of the book, they became a lot more tolerable though. They just needed to be taken down a notch (and they are definitely during the book, which is utterly satisfying).

This is definitely a fun book and I'm looking forward to reading the other books in the series when I need a little bit of a mental break.

Bottom line: A fun, frothy read.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Au Pairs.