Bron's Reviews > Industrial Magic

Industrial Magic by Kelley Armstrong

May 25, 2011

bookshelves: vampire, were-wolf, witch, sorceror, afterlife
Read in May, 2011

Industrial Magic is the second book about Paige, a witch who has now settled into a relationship with a sorceror who is first in line to inherit a cabal, and has managed to take clear guardianship of Savannah, the product of a witch and sorceror relationship.

In this book, Paige and Lucas must help the cabal figure out why teenagers associated with the cabal are being murdered. To do this they must both learn to manage Lucas' father, Benecio, and deal with his older and evil brothers. As the plot becomes more complex, they are joined by a crazy necromancer, Jaime and then by the ice-vampire Cassandra. These two characters help to spice up the story, making it much more enjoyable.

This isn't one of my favourite books in this series, for some reason the story of a witch just doesn't interest me, or perhaps its the character. Paige is pretty lame, and so is Lucas, neither of them are strong magic users, their spell abilities are limited and although they are enthusiastic about new spells it seems like they are still often unsuccessful with them. Paige's ward Savannah has more magic ability than the 2 adults. Paige appears to be disliked by a lot of people, perhaps due to her over- enthusiasm and ability to rush into situations before being fully prepared. Although he is a sorceror who works as a lawyer fighting against the cabal most of the time, Lucas hasn't been given much of a personality, except for proof that he has a back-bone.

The books that focussed on Clay and Elena were much more enjoyable, I just hope the Eve story is more intersting.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Industrial Magic.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) I agree with your assessment and I think this was the point where I gave up on the series. It's been a few years since I read them. I really liked Bitten a lot but it kind of slowly went downhill from there.