Beth Allen's Reviews > Deception

Deception by Jonathan Kellerman

May 27, 11

Read from May 24 to 27, 2011

My doctor has me out of work for a few days (nothing serious, I don't think), so I finished this book last night.

Another fun story from Mr. Kellerman, another murder solved by LAPD homicide detective Milo Sturgis and Dr. Alex Delaware.

Kellerman's pretty good at pointing fingers, as Milo and Alex consider possible suspects to the murder of a teacher/tutor at a fancy prep school. And there's always one or two higher ranking LAPD cops just waiting to make wisecracks about Milo's sexuality, question Delaware's presence in the investigation, and take the credit when the murder's been solved.

It looks like the teacher killed herself, but she left behind a DVD naming three colleagues who sexually harassed her, warning that if anything happens to her, it's these folks who are to blame. In addition, the teacher was found in her bathtub, her body packed in with dry ice. Not easy for the dead person to do!

So--it looks like murder.

And there are plenty of suspects--her smarmy boyfriend, colleagues, and prep school students (most of them filthy rich, with powerful parents).

Milo and Dr. Delaware do not disappoint in this story, as they follow the clues and try to figure out what happened.

A fun, easy read!

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deception.